Friday, October 9, 2009

Boxing Day

Ok - it's officially *on*.

I've been here long enough to learn how to get around town without the GPS unit. I don't hesitate as much or think about things like "so when this road gets to the end, do I turn left or right?", and I know about 3 or 4 ways to get to the nearest coffee house. So it's safe to say that I need to start getting a routine established that includes me emptying at least 4 boxes a day.

Thus far, I wake up, grab the laptop and head to the coffee shop (which is where I am currently), then I either swing by the grocery store or the home supplies store on the way home, put those items away, get some laundry going, wash dishes, get lunch going, check for any letters from my folks, and then *poof* it's time to think about dinner and then sleep and start all over again.

Notice that there's no time slot in there for "unpack the several hundred pounds of boxes and crap that you brought with you". I am, I freely admit, a pro at procrastination. WHEN I reach my limit, 'tho (and I always do), step back and be amazed.

And that's kinda been the problem. Monday rolls around and I go like gangbusters for 6 hours and then collapse in a pile of bruised limbs and sore muscles in the bath. (It's no exaggeration to say that's where my most awesome boyfriend found me last week - asleep in the bath, bubbles abounding, candles going.) I'm still aching on Tuesday so that becomes a "resting" day, then Wednesday is my catch up on around town stuff (banking, post office, grocery run), and heck Thursday sneaks up on me and before I can swill the last of my mocha, it's Saturday.

So that's it. I know today is a Friday in October, but today is Boxing Day.
*
*
*
I also wanna change the sheets today, and have laundry to do, gotta mail some presents to my nieces, and should probably balance my checkbook.
*
*
*
Ok so three boxes for sure.
*
*
*
Oh, and hang the pictures. And those last two copper bowls, need to clean those first but yeah, hang those in the kitchen. Gotta gas up the car, too.
*
*
*
Hmmm - I also promised the most awesome boyfriend that he could have those two empty crates so I gotta clean those up a bit. And, before I start unpacking MORE boxes, I should probably move the piles of stuff that came from those other boxes that's now exploded all over the living room. So that should go into the setup room first. Two boxes. I'd be happy with two boxes.
*
*
*
Gotta go freshen up my mocha ... and then *snort* watch me go! That silly box won't know what hit it.

No comments: