* There's this song - no idea who sings it or the name and it's possible that I'm not even getting the lyrics right - that I hear every third day or so in my coffee shop. I really like it. It's a guy singing, rather breathy voice, and I think he's saying something like "Oh Lordy - trouble ahead" over and over. Good stuff, musically. Perhaps I'll ask who it is next time I hear it.
* The leaf-blower guy is VERY thorough. I've seen him be totally done with the entire parking lot and then a patron will leave their spot and he'll go back and get that area, too.
* I really like my bed. It's comfortable and toasty warm, which may be why getting out of it is a chore. I REALLY hope to sleep in a bit tomorrow. That would be sooooooooo nice.
* Nice job on the bridge-work, SF. Maybe now getting it done *right* will be more important than getting it done *quickly*.
* I found a gift card I'd forgotten about buried deep in my pocketbook yesterday and just checked the amount online a few minutes ago. Good Lord, there's shopping to be done!!!!!
* Cat Names (for the file, to be used later). "Kitty", "Whiskers", "Cat", and "Agory" are very, very out. "Murphy" and "Snapple" seem to be at the top of the list. I also like the idea of "TS Eliot" as a cat name - but that's just the theater-geek part of me.
* If I'd been asked to bet that I would know, within the first month of my move, where the four closest home repair/hardware shops where located but not where the nearest shoe repair, high-end salon, honest car repair shop, or good dry cleaner was located, I woulda told lost money.
* The holidays are looming and I have NO ideas for those at the top of my "list". (I put "list" in quotes because I also have no list). I should start paying more attention to try to get inspired. (And I can't use the gift card for this ... because it's for a women's clothing store, and my mom spent a whole week in August donating clothing she didn't want anymore so no clothes!)
* The crickets seem to have mostly departed from the basement. The two that tried to mug me last night were - I hope - the last of the clan. (I swear one of them was wearing a cap and talking in a Brooklyn-type accent ... something like "ya' wanna maybe toin off da' light? The glare is keeping us awake.")
* I baked off another apple pie yesterday. In honor of Halloween, I added raspberries to the apple base and decided it was a "bloody apple pie". I haven't had a slice (in fact, I haven't had any of the apple pies I've made yet - I keep giving 'em away, which is fine with me) so I hope it's good. I'll be giving this one away, too. I guess I rely on people to tell me what they taste like so that I know how I'm doing. Thus far, I've been doing alright with the pies. I have no idea if there was a big difference with making my crust from scratch vs. buying the dough but *shrug* at least I realize I CAN do it. That being said, I will probably buy some more dough and let it live in the freezer. I'm still forming it into the pie pans myself so I feel a little more connected to the final product.
That's it, I think. Ten random little bits of nonsense taking up space in my head. I feel lighter already. I guess that's why I do this ... the whole "blog" thing, I mean. I know that some folks write for laughs or to educate, some write about their children and/or their families, or to chronicle a specific journey. I write to clean my head.
You'd think I'd write far more often, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment