Yesterday's mail included some cards and photographs from my sister. (My sister, like me, cannot buy just ONE card in a shop. It seems neither of us can leave a card store for under $10.)
In one photograph is N#1 (Niece #1) sitting perfectly, her lovely face framed with her long hair freshly brushed and moderately curled, looking off to one side of the camera (as we were always instructed to do on "picture day") and, while I'm biased, she really IS very photogenic.
It is with mild envy that I must admit N#1 looks as beautiful as my sister did at that age. It is with an equally mild amount of annoyance that I admit that I was never the photographic one. For starters, that would have meant sitting still for several minutes and that was just a giant waste of my time, when there were trees to climb and games to play and bikes to ride. I'll further admit that I'm still not photographic. As I've said to the Awesome Boyfriend, I believe that I'm better live and in person.
In a separate photo that was included in the stack was a more "real" version of N#1 ... laying on the carpet looking exhausted while playing in the living room with N#2 and their puppy. In that shot, N#2 looks nearly exactly like I did at that age ... huge forced grin/grimace complete with missing teeth, hair askew, face ruddy from playing hard. Heck, add a cast on her arm and I'd swear it was me.
Which reminds me - I wanna call my sister and tell her to up the calcium intake on N#2. Yanno ... just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment