Saturday, July 21, 2007

You Only Get What You Give

Yesterday was a bumpy day. And I have to say that I'm glad it was, I guess, because I didn't doubt myself and I didn't doubt those around me.

After a little bit of ranting, I listened, I asked questions, I restated my feelings and my positions, and - well, outwardly it was all very adult. Inside the little girl in me was scared as all heck, don't get me wrong. But this last lyric spoke to me just now. I'm kinda proud that I bent, and I didn't break.

" ...but when the night is falling and you cannot find the light,
If you feel your dream is dying - hold tight.
You've got the music in you. Don't let go.
You've got the music in you. One dance left.
This world is gonna pull through. Don't give up.
You've got a reason to live. Can't forget we only get what we give
.......
This whole damn world can fall apart. You'll be ok - follow your heart.
You're in harms way, I'm right behind. Now say you're mine
.......
But when the night is falling, and you cannot find a friend.
You feel your tree is breaking - just bend.

No comments: