Dana (aka the brains and beauty behind "Cookin' At Cafe D") tagged me with a not-very-long and not-very-intrusive "getting to know you" sorta thing. Five questions which one responds with five answers. Letsee how I do ...
Question 1: Where were you five years ago?
(a) Lesee - if my math is correct, that'd be March of 2005 (gotta love public edumacation). That'd be pre-Katrina, so I was still a money-hungry corporate stooge.
(b) I was living in a small suburb about 30 minutes from my job and I spent most of my spare time collecting wines and books.
(c) I was traveling for that job, so there was an expense account that I used to visit establishments (read "eat at outrageously expensive places") with two of my closest work-friends.
(d) I was less than a year away from earning my 6-week sabbatical and planned on banking it for as long as I could, as I didn't want to squander it and figured I'd know what to do with the free time eventually. (Little did I know ...)
(e) I started spending more weekend time with my sister who, at the time, was living on my parents property and had just started dating someone whom she said was "interesting".
Question 2: What is on your to-do list today?
(a) Coffee run. (done)
(b) Dishes. (done)
(c) Laundry. (Last load in dryer)
(d) Shower. (soon)
(e) Throw out flowers that I just realized are very dead. (awww - and they were so pretty too...)
Question 3: What five snacks do you enjoy?
(a) French's fried onions. (Note to Dana - you think Funyons rock? These are worse than crack to me.)
(b) I dunno about "snack" but I drink endless mugs of hot chocolate all day and yes, I enjoy those very much.
(c) Oh! Those sweet danish breads at Starbucks ... heated up? Damn. (When ya' heat it, the calories go down, right? RIGHT???)
(d) I like hash browns. I realize that it's not a traditional snack-food, but I can go from potato to hash brown in under 10 minutes so it's pretty quick.
(e) I discovered the deliciousness of freshly toasted pumpkin seeds this past Fall. Those are pretty tasty and enjoyable!
Question 4: What five places have you lived?
(a) My "growing up" home was in the country of Northern California. No paved roads, no sidewalks, no city services. Pizza places that said they'd deliver anywhere wouldn't deliver because we were "up on the hill". My folks still live there.
(b) My first experience outside of that was a two-bedroom that I don't remember spending much time in. I think I lived there for about 4 months, until my roommate decided she wanted to go back to college and I couldn't swing rent without asking for my parents to assist. I decided to move instead toooo ....
(c) A studio apartment. It had a bathtub that was stupidly large for the space. Since I'm a tub person, that was a selling point. I slept on a futon in the bedroom/living room/dining room. It had a kitchen that I never once cooked in and a refrigerator that I kept endless flats of Pepsi in.
(d) I moved baaaaack into my parents home not that long ago. Was there for about a month. It reminded me both why children are meant to move out, and reminded me that turning into my parents wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
(e) I am, at last, home. I have a wonderful two-bedroom home that I rent. It has a great backyard, room for a cat, and the neighbors are pretty terrific.
Question 5: What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
(a) Buy the Awesome Boyfriend that Swiss villa he's always talking about.
(b) Invest about 55% of it in long-term accounts, so I wouldn't burden anyone with any health/old age issues.
(c) Buy a small get-away home in Biloxi and rent it to the interns that rotate through the East Biloxi Coordination and Relief Center. (This would probably be the cheapest thing on the list of five.)
(d) Donate a years worth of funds to Pets In Need, a no-kill animal shelter in California that found a great dog companion for my mother. While I have quite a few "close to my heart" charities, I'm a real sucker when it comes to animals.
(e) Oh, and before I'd done ANYthing, I would have researched and signed on a professional accounting agency to help me manage having a billion dollars. LOL
So now I'm supposed to choose 5 people to answer these same questions and, for me, that's the hard part. (Full disclosure - I wrote this mostly on Friday March 5th but have been pondering the 5 people thing since then.) I know that hardly anyone reads my ramblings - which is ok by me - and I also don't read that many blogs of people that I'd think would actually do this. (I can't see Jen from CakeWrecks doing this, for instance, because this isn't the kind of thing that her blog is about. And Adam, from Sleep Talkin' Man, only creates posts when he's unconscious.)
Instead, how about I ask that whomever reads this suggests up to 5 blogs to add to my blog list over there at the right? That way you'll be helping me expand my horizons and maybe next time, I'll have folks to send this sort of thing to. I can't promise I'll add them right away - sometimes it takes me awhile to warm up to a writer - but I promise I'll read it. :-)
Thanks again, Dana. Now I'm craving those dang onions again ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment