Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Everything Is Good - Such A Cozy Room"

After many months of cold or rainy or gray or windy or snowy ... gonna be snowy ... was just snowy ... still too snowy... gonna snow more ... thunder snowing (no, I'm NOT making that one up, I swear) and, my personal favorite, "it hasn't snowed like this for yeeeears! Wow - really - this is unusual for us to get this much snow" snowing, we had just the BEST Spring weather this weekend.

The weather hasn't been getting me down at all, 'tho I did start to question the brilliance of having a convertible sports car sometime around January. Any qualms I had blew away as I zoomed my way around town doing errands, getting breakfast, or even grabbed groceries. It's just been too beautiful outside to be sulking about the weather of Winter 2009.

The Awesome Boyfriend and I spent a couple of hours on Saturday cleaning up from said weather, 'tho. A tree in the front yard lost a sizeable limb from the weight of (hmmm ... this is embarrassing ... uh ... it's that white stuff that falls from the sky ... I forget the name ... not sleet or ice, really ... OH yeah!) snow and then had a wonderful dinner out in the city. We awoke Sunday morning, did a few short errands, and then we started moving furniture. Well, in fairness, *he* started moving furniture - it took me a few minutes to realize that he wasn't just talking about a lamp or a chair or something easy. We moved - I'm guessing - maybe 9 pieces of various sizes of furniture. And some was really light and easy but some ... I won't lie to you ... I had my doubts we'd accomplish what all we did.

And then we started hanging pictures and artwork on walls. Now in my world, that means ya' find a wall that's kinda bare or needs a little color, ya' figure out how high or low you want the piece of art to hang, ya' hold the piece there for a second to make sure it works, you train your eyes on the area that the nail(s) will go, you bang in said nail(s) - or hooks, if it's heavier stuff - and voila - art on the wall. Check it for level and move on.

The Awesome Boyfriend is far more meticulous, however. His method - which, I completely agree is the proper and correct way of doing this task, I just don't have the patience that he does - involves actual MATH and stuff. By the 6th or 7th piece of art though even he was basically saying "hey - there's a nail on this wall. Do ya' have anything about this size?"

Anyway, it's a little after 8pm now. We're both supremely tired. We have lots of bookshelves to figure out and a few odds and ends that will need to find places to be in the current setup but this may be the most "moved in" that I've ever felt. Not just here - but anywhere. And that's saying something, 'cause I've spent significant time in some of my past abodes.

In a few short weeks, we'll be entertaining an actual house guest - something I've never done before. And when we welcome her into our home, I know that I'll be smiling really REALLY wide as I let the phrase echo in my head ...

"Come on in to our home."

"Our home."

"Home."


No comments: