Sunday, March 7, 2010

Maybe I'll Start Working Out When I'm 65, Too.

Today we went to a birthday party. It was a family-centric event, so there were folks that I haven't met (and ones that I have but don't really know very well) as well as neighbors and church friends.

The party itself was pretty nice. There were balloons (the mylar kind that I'm not afraid of ... don't ask), a good looking cake with a picture of the birthday girl scanned onto it, personalized candies and chocolates at each table and several photo albums, electronic and printed. Everyone had a really good time and caught up with each other.

There were a few "who is that again" kinda moments and some stories of "remember when ..." and some nice memories as the photo albums were enjoyed and shared. There was a "who was born when ..." moment and then the friendly round of singing "Happy Birthday" to the guest of honor.

When the candles were blown out, she thanked everyone for coming to her party. She wanted to especially thank her friends from her Aerobic Workout group - something she's been involved with for over 25 years.

Miriam will turn 90 tomorrow.

No comments: